Quality Control and Quality Management systems
A total quality management system and certification to ISO 9001:2008 qualifies Vision Engineering Manufacturing Services (VEMS) to maintain and measure all processes.
Continual improvement from measured processes allows the quality team to deliver outstanding reliability, with expertise and tools to inspect and measure component parts, so final assembled products are shipped ready to use.
Our Supplier management processes are robust with a quality focus on supplier system audits, stringent first article approval and measurement correlation.
Our machining, manufacturing and assembly services provide access to leading edge technologies and facilities, including clean rooms, temperature controlled calibration and state of the art quality control facilities.
Products are manufactured and tested to CE/UL/CSA standards, where required. The Quality team ensures all directives are adhered to, including WEEE and RoHS.
Quality production focuses on a continual process improvement approach. Key process data is statistically analyzed to identify areas for improvement and Quality Improvement teams are the vehicle for driving implementation.
We are also able to provide a precision dimensional measurement service to both our internal and external customers.
Key Quality Control Equipment
Manufacturing facilities in the USA and UK have a full range of traditional inspection equipment, plus both sites are equipped with Mitutoyo programmable Coordinate Measuring Machines with measurement repeatability of 5 microns.
Smaller precision components that require accurate measurement of features such as circles, angles, lines, arcs and distances are measured with non-contact 3-axis optical measuring microscopes, coupled with a multi function digital microprocessor providing repeatability of 2 microns.
Hawk 3-Axis Optical Measuring Microscope
- Accurate non-contact measurement of precision components. Microscope resolution, high contrast images, combined with a precision measuring stage
- Measuring range up to 200mm x 150mm x 50mm (X, Y, Z-axis)
- Measuring stage equipped with 1 micron resolution encoders providing a repeatability of 2 microns
Falcon CNC Automated Video Measuring Machine
- Measuring range up to 150mm x 150mm (X, Y-axis)
- Impressive repeatability and reproducibility
- Large field of view for easy sample orientation
Kestrel Elite Toolmakers Measuring Microscope
Measuring range up to 150mm x 100mm
- Ideal for measuring 2-D features of small, intricate parts
h3>2 x Mitutoyo Coordinate Measuring Machines (1 USA / 1 UK)
- 3-axis manual/bridged type computer controlled machine
- 5 microns measuring repeatability
- Measuring capacity 800 L x 700 W x 600 H
- Fully programmable & equipped with Renishaw PH9 motorized heads
- 2-axis manual positioning unit incorporating a Quadra Check digital display unit
- Magnification can be varied from 10x, 5x, 2x
- Rotational viewing screen allowing machine to accommodate various angles to within 0.1 of a degree
Mitutoyo Surftest SJ-210 Portable Surface Roughness Tester
- Displays calculation results and sectional calculation results
- Displays assessed profiles, bearing curves, and amplitude distribution curves
Spectrometer (for Quality Control of Optical Components)
- Perkin Elmer - Lambda 15
- High performance double beam UV/VIS spectrometer
A full range of control height gauges, calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks etc
A vigorous policy of continuous vendor/supplier approval and periodic assessment is driven by the Quality Department.
Vision Engineering Quality
Vision Engineering Quality Management System is commited to the satisfaction of our customers and doing things the right way first time.
Employees are empowered and encouraged to maintain excellence through quality, by means of continuous improvement processes, supported by operating procedures based on the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard.
This declaration emphasizes Management's commitment to further develop preventative practices, to sustain continuous process improvements and to ensure that the interests of all customers remain of paramount importance.
The endorsement of this policy is a direct representation of that personal commitment.
Testing and certification to CE/UL /CSA standards
Vision Engineering is a certified ISO 9001:2008 company.
Products are routinely tested and certified to a wide variety of standards/traceability’s such as:
- UL (USA)
- CSA (Canada)
- CE (Europe)
- ROST (Russia)
Calibration of measurement tools to:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST, USA)
- National Physical Laboratory (NPL, UK)
Vision Engineering, in the USA and UK, run a dedicated inspection department ensuring tested products are sent out with specific packaging regulations and certificates of origin, along with external inspection, where recommended.