Designed as a powerful, yet simple video measuring system, Swift provides fast and accurate measurement of both routine and complex precision component parts, suitable for shop floor, manufacturing and quality control inspection applications.
Now including a larger 8” x 4” (200mm x 100mm) measuring stage (option) and enhanced imaging capabilities, Swift is the perfect starting point to upgrade your measurement and inspection capabilities and improve your quality control routines... on a budget.
Simple, compact, accurate
With space at a premium, Swift doesn't take up much room, yet can make a big difference to your production quality. Rugged in construction, the unit has been designed to handle the demands of a busy production environment.
- 2-axis video measuring system
- 3-axis variant with Z-axis for height measurement
- Ideal for measuring 2D features of small, intricate parts
- Low capital investment, high accuracy measurement system
- Next generation 'touch to measure' measurement software
- Up to 8” x 4” (200mm x 100mm) precision measuring stage
- Ultimate simplicity for reduced training needs
- Modular construction allows future upgrade option to combined video and microscope measurement technologies
Upgrade your performance
Swift is the perfect starting point to upgrade your measurement and inspection capabilities and improve your quality control routines.
With space at a premium, Swift doesn't take up much room, yet can make a big difference to your production quality. Rugged in construction, the unit has been designed to cope with the demands of a busy production environment.
Simple, compact, accurate
'Next generation' measurement software coupled with a high resolution video camera enables Swift to measure a wide variety of simple and complex features, quickly and simply.
With simplicity at its core, 'touch to measure' software can be used by shift workers or advanced users alike, simplifying work steps, reducing operator error, while minimizing training requirements.
An array of video edge detection tools ensures accurate, repeatable results, no matter how many operators use the system.
Measuring stage calibration, with NLEC
Swift includes Vision Engineering's proven 6” x 4” (150mm x 100mm) precision measuring stage (8” x 4” option also available). The stage comes complete with factory set Non Linear Error Correction (NLEC) calibration to ensure optimum accuracy, traceable to international standards for the purposes of ISO9000.
Modular construction for future upgrade
Swift becomes Swift-Duo!
Difficult-to-view components? No problem.
Modular design means that you can easily add microscope measurement capabilities at a later date, allowing you to view and measure even low contrast black, white or transparent parts.
A high resolution ergonomic measuring microscope simply integrates with your existing Swift. Swift becomes Swift-Duo.
No need to switch systems. Both video and optical measurements occur seamlessly, in the same routine, without any delays.
Range of applications.
Customers around the world use Swift for a wide range of non-contact measurement applications, including:
- Electronic PCBs
- Plastic parts (e.g. connectors, tubing, molding)
- Medical devices (e.g. tooling, coatings, implants)
- Machined parts for aerospace, automotive and military use
- General precision engineering
...plus many more applications.
Featuring touch2measure technology
Swift features 'next generation' multi-touch measurement software, featuring 'touch to measure' technology, making Swift exceptionally intuitive, easy to operate and easy to learn.
'Touch to measure' means that in addition to conventional mouse control, you can 'pinch' to zoom, 'swipe' to pan across an image and 'touch' to take a measurement.
You can even trace your finger around a complex shape to 'see' the feature.
Icon-based touchscreen control provides users with smartphone familiarity, with a Windows 7-based operating system allows for simple integration with applications such as Microsoft Excel (not included), or connection to network printers etc.
Software options for Swift measuring system
- M2VED metrology software
- Active video crosshair for automatic capture of data points
- Intuitive interface with uncluttered easy navigation
- PC based metrology software for manual stages
- M3 metrology software
- Simple yet powerful feature measurement
- Touchscreen operation
- No multiple menu software options to distract the operator
- CAD like Part View mark-up for easy inspection of the measured data.
- Multiple video tools to match the job in hand, from cross hair to full video edge detection
- Direct Compare option to allow simple CAD import of overlay drawings to check those complex geometric parts for a simple Go/No Go decision.
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail, please contact your local Vision Engineering representative.
Precision measuring stage, with factory set Non Linear Error Correction (NLEC) calibration as standard.
- 6" X 4" (150mm x 100mm), 22.04 lbs maximum load (10kg)
(8" x4" 200mm x 100mm measuring stage also available.)
- 3.86" (98mm) (3-axis variant only.)
100mm of height adjustment.
X = 1µm Y = 1µm Z=1µm (3-axis variant only.)
High resolution color CCD video camera.
Magnification Options (System Total)
- Quick change magnification options - 10x, 20x, 50x, 100x
Choice of twin semicoaxial spot lamps, or cool, corrected colour temperature LED surface illumination
- Surface and substage illumination options enable adjustment of lighting to suit any application.
- Substage and surface illumination provides the ability to measure in both profile and surface.
- A = 17.72" (450mm)
- B = 16.93" (430mm) (stage: 6" x 4")
- B = 20.08" (510mm) (stage: 8" x 4")
- C = 18.90" (480mm)
- 1x objective, 10x total magnification (KE-007)
- 2x objective, 20x total magnification (KE-008)
- 5x objective, 50x total magnification (KE-009)
- 10x objective, 100x total magnification (KE-010)
- Twin halogen spot illuminator (KE-011)
- 8-point LED ring light with power supply (KE-012)
- Swift-Duo optical head upgrade kit (KE-035)
- M2VED metrology software (KE-026)
- M3 metrology software (KE-034)