Designed as a powerful, yet simple video measuring system, Swift-Duo provides fast and accurate measurement of both routine and complex precision component parts, suitable for shop floor and manufacturing inspection applications.
By integrating a high resolution ergonomic measuring microscope with video technology, Vision Engineering has created Swift-Duo, a measuring and imaging system capable of measuring all your precision components, not just the easy ones!
No need to switch systems. Both video and optical measurements are integrated seamlessly.
- Two measurement systems in one!
- 2-axis dual optical and video measuring system
- 3-axis variant with Z-axis for height measurement
- Ideal for measuring 2D features of small, intricate parts
- Seamlessly switch between video and microscope measurement
- Patented optical ergonomic microscope offers high resolution surface inspection
- High capability, low capital investment measurement system
- Next generation 'touch to measure' measurement software
- Up to 8" x 4" (200mm x 100mm) precision measuring stage
Upgrade your performance
Now including a larger 8" x"4 (200mm x 100mm) measurement capacity stage (option) and enhanced imaging capabilities, the upgraded Swift-DuoSwift-Duo is the perfect starting point to upgrade your measurement and inspection capabilities and improve your quality control.
With space at a premium, Swift-Duo doesn't take up much room, yet can make a big difference to your production quality. Rugged in construction, the unit has been designed to cope with the demands of a busy production environment.
Swift-Duo. Why video and optical measurement?
Dual video and optical measurement technologies provide the best of both worlds, so whatever component you are measuring, you can be sure you have the best tools for the job, in a single system.
Video measurement is ideal for routine components where edges of features can easily be identified.
However, components come in all shapes, colors, and textures, so with Swift-Duo, you can choose the ideal technology for the measured feature.
Seamlessly switching from video measurement to optical measurement in the same routine, without delay, you can have the best measurement tool available all the time.
In order to take an accurate measurement, you need to clearly identify the edge of the feature being measured.
Swift-Duo incorporates a patented eyepieceless measuring microscope, providing high contrast, microscope resolution image of your components.
Complex, or difficult to view features can be viewed in intricate detail, ensuring you can take accurate measurement of all you components, not just the easy ones! The superb microscope image also allows for high resolution visual inspection.
Swift-Duo features 'next generation' multi-touch measurement software, featuring 'touch to measure' technology, making Swift-Duo exceptionally intuitive, easy to operate and easy to learn.
Measuring stage calibration, with NLEC
Swift-Duo includes Vision Engineering's proven 6" x 4" (150mm x 100mm) precision measuring stage (8" x 4" 200mm x 100mm option also available).
The stage comes complete with factory set Non Linear Error Correction (NLEC) calibration to ensure optimum accuracy, traceable to international standards for the purposes of ISO9000.
Featuring touch2measure technology
Swift-Duo features 'next generation' multi-touch measurement software, featuring 'touch to measure' technology, making Swift exceptionally intuitive, easy to operate and easy to learn.
'Touch to measure' means that in addition to conventional mouse control, you can 'pinch' to zoom, 'swipe' to pan across an image and 'touch' to take a measurement.
You can even trace your finger around a complex shape to measure the feature.
Icon-based touchscreen control provides users with smartphone familiarity, with a Windows 7-based operating system allows for simple integration with applications such as Microsoft Excel (not included), or connection to network printers etc.
Software options for Swift-Duo measuring system
- M2VED metrology software
- Active video crosshair for automatic capture of data points
- Intuitive interface with uncluttered easy navigation
- PC based metrology software for manual stages
- M3 metrology software
- Simple yet powerful feature measurement
- Touchscreen operation
- No multiple menu software options to distract the operator
- CAD like Part View mark-up for easy inspection of the measured data.
- Multiple video tools to match the job in hand, from cross hair to full video edge detection
- Direct Comparison option to allows simple CAD file import in overlay conditions to check those complex geometric parts for a simple Go/No Go decision.
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail, please contact your local Vision Engineering representative.
Precision measuring stage, with factory set Non-Linear Error Correction (NLEC) calibration as standard.
- 6" x 4" (150mm x 100mm) (10kg maximum load)
(8" x4" 200mm x 100mm measuring stage also available.)
- 98mm (3-axis variant only.)
100mm of height adjustment.
X = 1µm Y = 1µm Z=1µm (3-axis variant only.)
High resolution color CCD video camera.
Patented twin pupil monoscopic, infinity corrected optical system, with pre-centred crossline graticule to both eyes.
- Option of custom designed graticule, pre-centred to one eye
Magnification Options (System Total)
- Quick change magnification options - 10x, 20x, 50x, 100x
Choice of twin semi-coaxial spot lamps, or cool, corrected color temperature LED surface illumination
- Surface and substage illumination options enable adjustment of lighting to suit any application.
- Substage and surface illumination provides the ability to measure in both profile and surface.
- A = 26.77" (680mm)
- B = 16.93" (430mm) (stage: 6" x 4")
- B = 20.08" (510mm) (stage: 8" x 4")
- C = 18.90" (480mm)
- 1x objective, 10x total magnification (KE-007)
- 2x objective, 20x total magnification (KE-008)
- 5x objective, 50x total magnification (KE-009)
- 10x objective, 100x total magnification (KE-010)
- Twin halogen spot illuminator (KE-011)
- 8-point LED ring light with power supply (KE-012)
- Swift-Duo optical head upgrade kit (KE-035)
- M2VED metrology software (KE-026)
- M3 metrology software (KE-034)