The PC-based MetLogix M3 metrology software is simple and easy to navigate, providing a full suite of tools for your metrology requirements.
To make the inspection and measurement process easy and efficient, the part view and video mark-up feature allows the measured data to be viewed with ease.
Once you have completed the measurements you can then simply export the data into various report formats. Fast, Simple, Versatile.
- Simple yet powerful feature measurement for manual or automated CNC stages
- Multi-touch screen operation with gesture menu or mouse operation
- No multiple menu software options to distract the operator
- 'Touch2Measure' provides instant feature determination and measurement with a single click or press
- CAD-like Part View mark-up for easy inspection and reporting of data
- Quick annotation and feature markup tools
- Multiple video probe tools to match the job in hand, from Cross Hair to full video edge detection
- Advanced edge teach for enhanced edge detection performance
- Flexible reporting and printing
- Flexible tolerancing
- Direct compare to allow simple CAD import of DXF overlay drawings to check those complex geometric parts for a simple Go/No Go decision. (optional upgrade)
M3 Metlogix video inspection software is a powerful metrology solution that is intuitive to use with a host of advanced tools to simplify measurement and reporting tasks.
Effortless software navigation:
The software is designed to help operators navigate the software effortlessly. With a logical layout, operators can quickly become familiar with the M3 software, saving time during measurement routines and reducing the need for long training sessions.
Designed for Multi-Touch control
In addition to conventional mouse interface, the expanded Multi-Touch logic allows for measurement with versatile pan and zoom and active part view with a pinch, swipe or press gestures.
The M3’s manual teach function allows you to instantly capture video edges with poor contrast or difficult viewing by using a variety of image and lighting conditions.
Coaxial, substage and quadrant ringlight can be adjusted with onscreen controls, accommodating a wide range of measuring requirements.
If required your lighting levels can be remembered and be recalled for program playback.
Advanced video probe toolbox
With a single click or press the 'Touct2Measure' probe’s intelligent design creates an instant feature determination and measurement. Simple individual points on a components edge can be produced with video touch probe functionality.
For flexible manual probe measurements the simple DXF Crosshair tool is always available for manual use, and can be translated or rotated within the video image.
Direct Comparison (optional upgrade)
- CAD import overlays: Complex CAD overlays (DXF Files) can be easily imported into the M3 software for instant visual inspection / comparisons. As the overlay moves with the datum it saves using a large optical comparator.
- CAD constructions: Provides users with the additional function of creating onscreen overlays including circles, lines and rectangles with upper and lower tolerance boundaries.
Graphics-based “Part View” constructions
Part View, a graphical representation of the component formed from measured features and constructions, can be utilized to gather additional measurement data, such as tangent lines and distances from one feature to another.
M3 Metrolgy Software Part-View Mark-up basic
M3 Metrology Software Part-View Mark-up Distance
M3 metrology software Video Mark-up
Add customized measurement data and annotate one or several features simultaneously with a simple marquee feature selection.
Feature detail graphics
Individual features provide full measurement data, display point cloud distributions, as well asnominal, deviations, and tolerance results.
M3 metrology software feature detail
In just a few seconds you can measure features, set nominals, apply tolerances and view deviation results with either a “feature to feature” fashion, or utilize the “place tolerancing”.
A wide range of traditional tolerancing is available including ‘Place Tolerancing’, so number of digits can be specified to save time and minimize operator error.
M3 Metrology Software Tolerance
Rotatable, movable crosshair
Quick measurement of features can be obtained by moving and rotating the crosshair over the relevant feature. The ability to change the colour of the crosshair maximizes the contrast between the crosshair and the feature being measured.
View, print or export a report. They can be printed directly to a local or networked, Windows compatible printer or exported to local or network storage locations. Report data formats include: CSV, TSV, TXT, DXF, European, Tolerance and Standard report.
M3 metrology software Tolerance Report
Stage and optics calibration:
Every measuring stage has factory-set Non Linear Error Correction (NLEC) calibration to ensure optimum accuracy, which is traceable to NPL/NAMAS/NIST standards for the purposes of ISO9000.
Working the software
The software comes with a user manual and built in video tutorials to help you understand the software and its functionalities.
- 2D measurement
- 'Touch2Measure' with Gesture Menu
- Quick annotate
- Part view constructions
- Feature detail graphics
- Video edge detection
- Advanced video probe toolbox
- Flexible tolerancing
- Direct Comparison (DXF Overlay) (option)
- Programmable light control
- User account permissions
- Multiple report formats
- Non-linear error correction
- Perpendicular / Parallel lines
- Gage circles
- Bolt circle
- Offset skew lines
- X/Y/Z Positional
- Diameter/ Radius/ Length/ Width size
- Group tolerancing to selected features
- Auto Teach and Manual Teach
- Intuitive program editing interface
- Auto program from CAD
- Auto-record programming and playback
- 32-bit Windows 7 operating system (32 or 64-bit)
- Dual core processor
- 2GB memory
- 250GB drive
- 2 spare USB ports
Licence for Direct Comparison Field of View capability. Includes:
- Custom DXF crosshair
- DXF overlay
- Crease feature-based video overlays
- Export features to DXF
- Pattern teach and recognition
- Live image “freeze”
|Manual ||Supplied with rugged interface unit and dedicated PC from your local agent. |
|CNC ||Supplied with rugged interface unit and dedicated PC from your local agent. |
(Not upgradable from M3 Manual unit).
|Note: Version must be specified on purchase. |