Stereo Microscope with Integrated HD USB Camera
The COMPLETE SOLUTION for low magnification inspection, manipulation and documentation tasks.
Mantis Elite-Cam HD is comprised of a standard Mantis Elite ‘eyepiece-less’ stereo microscope, with a factory integrated HD digital camera, offering truly superb 3D imaging plus the flexibility and convenience of digital image capture.
Winner of numerous industry design awards, the outstanding ergonomic design of Mantis allows your eyes and hand to work together naturally, eliminating user fatigue, improving efficiency and productivity for any precision task requiring magnification.
This system comes complete with great software to allow you to carry out easy-to-use image archiving and annotation. Advanced software for dimensioning and simple measurement is available as an upgrade.
Amazing 3 dimensional view
The expanded pupil technology of the Mantis Elite Cam HD enables users to move within the optical paths, effectively allowing the user to look around the subject by moving their head. This increases depth perception enabling easier hand eye coordination and natural manipulations.
Effective software included
Simple, easy-to-use uEye image and video capture software is included as standard to allow you to quickly get up and running, make annotations and optimize camera settings for your application.
An upgrade to the powerful DimensionOne™ software provides the added benefits of on-screen measurement tools.
uEye and DimensionOne™ are available in all major languages.
Fatigue-free optical viewing
Patented optical technology of Mantis removes the need for restrictive eyepieces of a conventional microscope, allowing operators freedom of head movement, providing superb ergonomics and hand-eye coordination, plus the ability to wear prescription or safety glasses, if required.
Mantis Elite 3D Inspection System Details
Make no mistake – the optical and ergonomic performance of the Mantis Elite-Cam HD Stereo Microscope with camera is unrivaled.
“Wow!” The most common reaction when looking into a Mantis for the first time…
Naturally, as many people have never looked into an eyepiece-less stereo microscope before, it is difficult to truly understand the “wow!” factor. Why not request an on-site demonstration, so you can see the “wow!” for yourself?
Price and Performance
Mantis Elite-Cam HD not only incorporates the most modern advances in optical design with LED illumination and a small footprint, but with the integrated digital USB camera, achieves a superb price/performance ratio.
- A complete integrated solution – one unit to achieve a multitude of low magnification tasks.
- Patented optical design allows your eyes and hands to work together resulting in increased throughput, accuracy and reduced scrap and rework.
- 2x – 20x magnification options with quick change turret allows users to switch between low magnification inspection and high magnification fine detail tasks.
- Increased head and body freedom for the operator leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control and less fatigue.
- From inspection, preparation, rework and manipulation tasks the Mantis Elite-Cam HD provides exceptional hand-eye co-ordination with easy-to-use imaging software.
Image and video capture software included
The Mantis Elite-Cam HD comes with uEye image capture PC software as standard which enables image capture as well as video recording.
Powerful imaging, mark-up and measurement software (optional upgrade)
DimensionOne™ is a powerful imaging, annotation and dimensioning software solution for the Mantis Elite-Cam HD, providing fast, precise imaging of your samples and components.
The Mantis Elite-Cam HD enhanced stereo inspection system is a popular solution for inspecting and manipulating samples under magnification.
A range of accessories is available for tailoring to individual application requirements.
- 2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD (Super Long Working Distance), 8x, 10x, 15x and 20x objective lenses are available, to suit different application requirements. Mantis Elite-Cam HD houses 2 objectives in a quick rotate turret, so you can inspect at lower magnification, then switch to higher magnification for detail work.With a 4.41″ (112mm) working distance, the 6x SLWD objective is an ideal solution for precision applications requiring both inspection and detail tasks, such as hair restoration and dental laboratory work.Disposable lens protection caps are available to protect your objective lens from damage when soldering, or in similar aggressive environments.
Secondary link for articulated arm
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail please contact your local Vision Engineering representative.
|Objective Lenses||Working Distance||Field of View|
|4x||3.78″ (96mm)||1.34″ (34.0mm)|
|6x||2.68″ (68mm)||0.91″ (23.0mm)|
|6x SLWD*||4.41″ (112mm)||0.79″ (20.0mm)|
|8x||2.32″ (59mm)||0.67″ (17.0mm)|
|10x||2.13″ (54mm)||0.53″ (13.5mm)|
|15x||1.57″ (40mm)||0.35″ (8.8mm)|
|20x||1.14″ (29mm)||0.26″ (6.5mm)|
* cannot be used together with 2x or 20x objective lens
|Surface||24 LEDs||11,000 LUX|
(bench stand only)
|58 LEDs||2,700 LUX|
|Resolution (H X W)||1600 x1200 pixels|
|Refresh rate||18.3 fps max.|
|File formats||BMP, JPG,PNG, AVI|
|Supplied software||uEye Cockpit|
- 9V DC external plug transformer, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
- Bench Stand: 100-240VAC 50-60HZ 1.0A Max, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
Mantis Elite-Cam includes
- USB cable, (1m)
- uEye image capture software, on memory stick
|uEye (included as standard)||Windows 7 (64-bit systems)|
Languages: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Hungarian, Thai.
|DimensionOneTM(optional upgrade)||Windows XP or later (Windows 7 or later required for touch-screen functionality)|
- 2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD, 8x, 10x, 15x, 20x objective lenses
- Floating stage
- Secondary link arm (for articulated arm)
- Lens protection caps, disposable
- Dust cover, Universal Stand
- Dust cover, Bench Stand
- Replacement LED illumination arrays
How does the image of the subject viewed through Mantis Elite-Cam HD compare to the image displayed on the computer screen?
As with all microscope systems there is a reduction in Field Of View (FOV) of what the camera sees, compared to what you would see through Mantis Elite-Cam HD. The view through Mantis optical head is a circular area, whereas the camera image is a rectangle.
What is the magnification of the captured image?
The magnification of the captured image is dependent on the size of the screen or print that the image is displayed.
The ‘real’ magnification on the video display essentially is the ratio between the known sample size versus what physically appears on the display given the setting parameters of the PC. For a 22” monitor this is:
|2x||2x||12x (9.45″/0.79″) (240/20.12mm)|
|4x||4x||24x (4.65″/0.20″) (118/5.01mm)|
|6x||6x||32x (6.30″/0.20″) (160/5.01mm)|
|8x||8x||44x (8.66″/0.20″) (220/5.01mm)|
|10x||10x||56x (11.02″/0.20″) (280/5.01mm)|
|15x||15x||83x (16.54/0.20″) (420/5.01mm)|
|20x||20x||127x (10.24″/0.08″) (260/2.04mm)|
Is the depth of focus of the camera image the same as Mantis Elite-Cam HD?
Depth of focus is the depth of the subject being viewed that is in sharp focus. In general, depth of focus is larger at low magnifications and reduces as you increase magnification.
The optics of Mantis Elite-Cam HD has a very large depth of focus, so more, or all of your sample is in focus. This large depth of focus, combined with the eyepiece-less stereo image is what provides the superior 3D viewing experience and the ability to hand manipulate subjects with ease.
Digital cameras have a limited depth of focus (compared to the human eye), meaning less of the computer image will be in focus, compared to the image viewed through Mantis Elite-Cam HD.
TIP: When capturing an image, focus the Mantis Elite-Cam HD while viewing the computer monitor image. The image in the Mantis head will now be in focus as well.
Can I extend the length of the supplied USB cable?
A 1m USB cable is supplied with Mantis Elite-Cam HD.
The maximum USB cable length for proper operation of the Elite-Cam HD is 5m. If a greater length is required, a powered USB hub must be used, which are readily available from your local electronics retail.
Can I reduce the amount of file space used to store images by the uEye software?
Yes.You need to change to default settings of the software to reduce file size by:
- Reducing the resolution on the camera.
- Changing the file type to JPG.
- Reducing the number of frames per second (for video capture only).
Is uEye software compatible with Windows 7?
Yes. Windows 7 may try and install a driver it thinks is right for you, so we recommend that you always install the software before connecting up the hardware.
Make sure you are using the latest driver.
I’ve lost my software memory stick, how can I get another copy?
You can download the uEye software here (Registration required)
Does uEye software have annotation / mark-up capability?
Yes. uEye software provides essential image annotation / mark-up capability, as well as functions to adjust the camera controls and capture an image.
The optional DimensionOne™ software provides professional image capture, annotation and on-screen measurement.