Mantis Compact is a low magnification visual inspection microscope, providing truly superb 3D imaging with unparalleled freedom of head movement.
Featuring Vision Engineering's patented eyepieceless technology, Mantis Compact is the low magnification stereo viewer of choice for a wide range of inspection, manipulation or rework tasks requiring magnification.
- 2x, 4x, 6x and 8x quick change magnification options
- Superior ergonomics for fatigue-free viewing and increased quality/productivity
- Superb hand-eye coordination for inspection and manipulation tasks
- Long working distance and large field of view
- True color, LED illumination providing up to 10,000 hours of shadow free viewing
- Choice of stands to suit numerous applications
Fatigue-Free Stereo Viewing
Patented optical technology not only provides superb 3D imaging, but also allows operators freedom of head movement.
Superior ergonomics leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control as well as minimal fatigue. Users are also able to wear glasses, if required.
Mantis Compact is ideal for a wide range of tasks requiring 3D imaging with superb hand-to-eye co-ordination, including electronics inspection, dental re-work, dissection and preparation tasks, plus many other precision magnification tasks.
- Mantis Compact, with counterbalanced universal stand, for flexibility and ease of use.
- High stability bench stand with integral focus and dimmable substage illumination.
- Designed specifically for applications requiring extended reach, without compromising stability.
- Maximum reach of 31.50 in. (800mm), with optional Secondary Link.
The floor stand (for use with articulated arm) is specifically designed for stereo inspection where subjects are immobile or require a standing position. Mobile and highly stable, the floor stand provides a versatile option for Mantis operators.
- 360° movement around the base
- Lift, swing, tilt and rotate capability
Mantis Compact Ergonomic Inspection Microscope
Since its introduction, Vision Engineering's Mantis has become the accepted standard for ergonomics and high performance magnification.
Mantis offers users 3D imaging with unrivalled clarity and comfort – without microscope eyepieces. Businesses choose Mantis because they know their operators are more efficient, more accurate and more productive. The operator benefits and so does the business.
“Wow!” The most common reaction when looking into a Mantis for the first time...
Mantis Compact brings users many benefits for a wide range of inspection, manipulation or rework tasks.
An ergonomic body position makes Mantis more comfortable, less fatiguing and, more importantly, much easier to use. Plus, since there are no microscope eyepieces, operators can sit back from Mantis, making viewing and co-ordination tasks an entirely natural experience.
Features and Benefits
- Superb stereo imaging, without fatigue
- Advances in optical design allow your eyes and hands to work together resulting in increased output, accuracy and reduced scrap and rework.
- 2x, 4x, 6x and 8x magnification options provide clear, sharp images with long working distances and large depth of field.
Ease of Use
Increased head and body freedom for the operator leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control and less fatigue.
Mantis Compact offers effortless 3D viewing, with the apparent distance to the viewed object image identical to that of the real object, eliminating re-focusing of the operator's eye; thus reducing the likelihood of fatigue.
Price and Performance
The latest generation of Mantis incorporates the most modern advances in optical design with LED illumination and a small footprint, giving a superb price / performance ratio.
- Universal arm for simplicity and flexibility.
- Articulated arm for applications requiring extended reach, without compromising stability.
- Rigid bench stand for added stability with substage illumination options.
- Floor stand (with articulated arm) for inspection where subjects are immobile, or require a standing position.
The Mantis stereo inspection system is a popular solution for inspecting and manipulating samples under magnification.
With Mantis Compact UV, the standard 20 white light LEDs of Mantis Compact are replaced with 20 UVA LEDs (2.4mW/cm², with wavelength peak at 375 ± 5 nanometers).
Superb 3D optics make Mantis Compact UV, ideal for a wide range of non-destructive testing, crack & fatigue detection, conformal coating inspection of PCB's, UV medical adhesives & general UV inspection tasks.
- Superb stereo vision gives unsurpassed crack and coating visibility
- Fast and accurate fault detection
- Enhanced productivity and reduced scrap rates
Provides smooth and sensitive control allowing for samples to be accurately inspected. For use with bench stand only.
- Sensitive controls for steady maneuverability
2x, 4x, 6x and 8x quick-change objective lenses are available, to suite different application requirements.
Simply 'twist and lock' to change the objective lens.
Disposable lens protection caps are available to protect your objective lens from damage when soldering or in similar aggressive environments.
Keep the workspace clear. A secondary link increases total reach of the Articulated Arm to 31.50" (800mm), for ultimate flexibility and maneuverability.
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail, please contact your local Vision Engineering representative.
|Optical data |
|Objective Lenses ||Working Distance ||Field of View |
|2x ||6.57" (167mm) ||1.77" (45.0mm) |
|4x ||3.78" (96mm) ||1.08" (27.5mm) |
|6x ||3.78" (73mm) ||0.76" (19.2mm) |
|8x ||2.30" (58.5mm) ||0.56" (14.3mm) |
|Surface ||20 LEDs ||9,400 LUX |
(bench stand only)
|58 LEDs ||2,700 LUX |
- 9V DC external plug transformer, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
- Bench Stand: 100-240VAC 50-60HZ 1.0A Max, available in all worldwide plug configurations.
- A = 22.24" - 30.51" (565mm - 775mm)
- B = 13.19" - 21.46" (335mm - 545mm)
- C = 15.55" - 23.82" (395mm - 605mm)
- D = 4.33" - 12.60" (110mm - 320mm)
- A = 54.72" (1390mm)
- B = see Articulated Arm
- UV illumination
- Floating stage
- Secondary link arm
- 2x, 4x, 6x and 8x objective lenses
- Lens protection caps, disposable
- Dust cover, Universal stand
- Dust cover, Bench Stand
- Replacement LED array